Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is great..I have been reading the past entries. As I mentioned in my last post, I just got my V70 2000 a few weeks ago. It is somewhat annoying but when I hit bumps, I hears what sounds like a cricket chirping coming somewhere from the passenger side. I can't pin point it but I think it might be coming from the dash..am I crazy or do I have some friends that came with the car!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Some times the dash to body tabs break and make that noise you are talking about.Try pulling and pushing on the dash carefully and see if the noise happens.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey mate, try and lift the boot floors (2 parts) and spray lube oil (silicone lube if you can) on all hinge joints!

Reason being is that every time i hit a bump the rattle used to drive me mad so i spent bout 2 hours checking everything and it was only when i climed in the back, I thought AHA, the boot lids creaked so I oiled them and DARRRRA Hey Presto, noise has gone!

Try it mate and let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1999 v70 XC. I found the same sound in my car. I found it to be the center vent assembly in the middle of the dash. I have to figure out a way to get rid of it before it drives me nuts. In your case, it is probably the outside vent. Have someone hold it to apply pressure when going over bumps...you will find out quickly if that is it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey i have a 1999 s70 and i have the same problem. i was kinda annoye at first but now i am just over it. i kinda like it now. mine is comiong from the left hinge on the glove compartment. i think some wd40 or something like that will take care of it! see ya

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Mar 26 2005, 04:19 PM)Some times the dash to body tabs break and make that noise you are talking about.Try pulling and pushing on the dash carefully and see if the noise happens.
[snapback]5739[/snapback]​

This is your problem, very common is s/V70s
I repaired mine once, its a real pain to take out the whole dash.!!!

Later found that some people use self tapping screws where the body meets the tabs., this without taking the dash out. So I did it in my second S70, and it worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you think it possable to tell roughly if not exactly where to locate those points?...or the location of pictures or something to help me out. I just got a 99 s70 t5 and i love it,,,all but the loud chirp that can only be scilenced by pushing on the dash with my hand just above and to the left of the fuel gague to support the weight of the whole assembly untill a bit of sanity returns to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.