Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd need some help please. 2006 Volvo S40 died while driving last week and we had it towed home. Found out the Alternator belt was thrown (missing actually) and the battery was like 6 volts.

Replaced belt and charged battery.
Engine turns over fine, but doesn't start.

Had a code for Cam Sensor intermittent. Can't recall the actual code number. Replace Cam Sensor. No difference.
Checked fuses, all good. Swapped fuel pump relay, no difference. Checked fuel pressure, 40 psi while in start, more than 50 while cranking. I was thinking it was fuel pump, but not now.

So I'm thinking it's ignition, or the lack of. I'm sure it was related to the battery voltage low, but I'm stumped on how what to check next. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (grendel1960 @ May 2 2021, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>immobilizer triggered?

Don't think so. I tried the lock/unlock trick with remote 5 times. I also went from off to run 5 times. No start.

I thought it gave some kind of error with the Immobilizer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd need some help please. 2006 Volvo S40 died while driving last week and we had it towed home. Found out the Alternator belt was thrown (missing actually) and the battery was like 6 volts.

Replaced belt and charged battery.
Engine turns over fine, but doesn't start.

Had a code for Cam Sensor intermittent. Can't recall the actual code number. Replace Cam Sensor. No difference.
Checked fuses, all good. Swapped fuel pump relay, no difference. Checked fuel pressure, 40 psi while in start, more than 50 while cranking. I was thinking it was fuel pump, but not now.

So I'm thinking it's ignition, or the lack of. I'm sure it was related to the battery voltage low, but I'm stumped on how what to check next. Any advice?
did you figure this one out?? I’m having the same exact issue now and a lost at what to do next

1 - 4 of 4 Posts