Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have owned my volvo S60 for a few months now, but have just recently joined this forum. I am looking forward to discussions with all of you. With all of this said, I have a question of my own: I was just curious if it is normal for the Volvo S60's cooling fan to remain running once you turn the car off. I only noticed it one time, but found it odd. If it is normal, well my car has NEVER done it before. Just trying to figure it out if it is normal or if it is a sign for soemthing to go bad soon. Look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It will run sometimes after shutting the car off.Has your car had the fan recall done yet?There is a recall on the cooling fans on the S60,V70 and S80.If it has not been done call your local dealer with your Vin# and have then check to see if it is under recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. And yes, I have had the recall done. I just have never heard the fan run after I have turned the car off before.........interesting. THANKS AGAIN!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
No problem any time.Also sometimes in the summer after you shut the car off the blower motor for the A/C will turn on and run for about 5 minutes to dry the evaperator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts