Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having cold start idling problems.car will start and just idle but then stops .it is a 244 84 model.has any body solved this problem yet.runs fine when warm
spaggo.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
well as I say my expertise is limited to "CIS" systems and as you can see when I even ASKED how later systems worked the Beamer mech jumped down my throat

but I think 1984 is before all the digital mapping so maybe I can help

but first IS it injection or carby and if inject does it still have a fuel distributor and WUR etc [I think it is called K Lambda - but not sure if still manufactured in 84]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi doc.it is a fuel injected model.to get thru rwc we have put on new rocker gasket,it seemed to be ok before that but now it is not easy to get running usually it takes about 6 cranks to keep her going.she always starts straight away but will not idle till warm.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
OK - I am still not sure WHAT vintage injection but assuming it is still the semi mech type the rocker cover provides a clue because on my V6 the warm up regulator is mounted on the left side rocker cover [so it heats up with the engine and so when you restart after say an hour it does not go back to full choke]

in other words the WUR works on heat from the engine in long term but heat from the bi metal heater in short term so I would be checking all the connections to the WUR as a first clue - albeit that the symtoms are reverse to what one might expect if you had not replaced the heater plug on the WUR

good luck and please tell me what you find

1 - 4 of 4 Posts