Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just changed my o2 sensor and now it says that new code p0140 secondary air injection system there is a problem??? anyone with any info??

egr
air filter
maf

i am really not pleased with this new emissions here in connecticut there was a problem new cars failiing and they stopped it now back on... makes me think that the problem never got solved

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
When you start up your car cold do you hear a fan like motor start?It is located under the battery on the drivers side.It is called the air pump.There is a valve towards the back of the engine it is part of the air pump system.It is bolted onto a metal pipe it has a vaccum line going to it.The valve might ba bad as well.Some times the air pump gets water in it.Or the battery leaks acid and eats the motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear a loud noise when i turn on the heat or like you said at start..... i read around and looked on the net and ive gotten the same replay.. air pump and control valve.

now of course if i change that i will have to start the code right??? or ecu

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(kosta203 @ Mar 9 2005, 12:48 PM)
now of course if i change that i will have to start the code right??? or ecu
[snapback]4788[/snapback]​

Im not sure what you mean.If you replace any of those parts you will have to clear the codes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also i read somewhere that im going to need to replace a valve of some sort??? does that come with the airpump itself???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts