Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what I wanted to share with some of the forum members, but unfortunately, I lost the thread.

I believe someone said that he dropped his sunglasses into a small 'pit' within the car that the dealer requested to remove a lot of stuff to get the sunglasses out. And by that, charge a lot of $$$ for it. Smart, eh?

It's called the Claw PickUp Tool (refer photo attached) it costs like only RM10 (Malaysian Ringgit) and it took me more than a month to find a shop that has it. It also took me 15 minutes to describe it to the shop owner, who then retort, "Sorry, don't sell!"

Took my sweet-time going through the shelves and VOILA!
"Don't sell, my foot!"

The way it works is simple - you depress the edge and the claws emerge from the other end, then release the pressure, and the claw clamps onto whatever on it way. Cool eh? Sure beats spending hundreds to remove interior trims to get to that darn coin too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've had one of those for a while...I think it was something like 5-10 USD and I got it at a local auto parts franchise (advance I think). That little gadget is great!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gets to places you never dream of, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
we've had one of those since i can remember. actually, i brought it to show and tell in senior kindergaten this one time...

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(theboy @ Sep 8 2005, 02:02 AM)we've had one of those since i can remember. actually, i brought it to show and tell in senior kindergaten this one time...
[snapback]14888[/snapback]​

HAHA!

You didn't! And let me guess, you 'picked' Mary's skirt with it, didn't you, boy?

Think 'Mary's Dad' would kill ya, if he knew, tho'.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there Ampangbear.

Love that gadget.

Has anyone tried using it for a flexible cystostomy?

Or the Rhinotillexomaniacs would have a field day with that gadget.

Would somebody organise a club-meeting for it? I'm sure we would get a huge turnout for it.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

PS My coffee hasn't kicked in yet!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cystostomy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A cystostomy is a surgical formation of an opening in the abdomen that allows a tube (catheter) to be inserted in order to drain urine from the bladder. When the opening passes directly above the pubic bone, it is known as a suprapubic cystostomy.

It is a procedure used for patients who cannot empty their bladders fully or cannot urinate at all.

Nose-picking is the act of extracting mucus or foreign bodies from the nose with a finger. Compulsive nose-picking is known as rhinotillexomania (etymology: Greek, rhino "nose" + tillexis "habit of picking" + mania).

(All the above from WiKiPedia...)

My response:
EWWWW....

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there Ampangbear.

You didn't mention if you are organising the club-meeting for it at all.

I'd like to see somebody pulling an 8 kilo 12 gauge out of their left nostril. I'd particularly like to see the green end.

Could you organise a meeting for us please?

I knew that stuff from my student days-anatomy gives some of the most gross descriptions.

If you like looking up such things-look up somebody who has a fetish for faeces.

After this we have to stop this conversation. You'll lead me down a spiral path when I get really gross.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Auckland @ Apr 17 2006, 07:53 PM)
Hi there Ampangbear.

[snapback]29282[/snapback]​

=>
=>
=>
=>

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there Ampangbear.

I think you just discovered what a coprophiliac is:

An abnormal, often obsessive interest in excrement, especially the use of faeces for sexual excitement.

Am I right?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're a crazy medicine-man, you know that?

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I warned you!!

My black book of jokes is just as bad. I have to be fairly well primed up to let you hear the jokes in that.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts