Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up my 2005 T5 manual trans car from the dealership about a month ago and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I am considering purchasing a chip from evolve to increase the hp/torque a substancial amount. I was wondering if it is ok to install the chip duing the itial life of the car (10,000 miles or less). Also, I am averaging about 23 MPG right now and I don't want to install the chip if MPG dips below 20. Would decrease in MPG can I expect?

Here is the product description:

http://www.evolvecars.com/site/index.php?id=166,249,0,0,1,0

I'm assuming the 34 average HP is calculated @ the Fly-wheel.

Any input would be great appriciated.

Ben

VOLVO FOR LIFE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there,
I've got the same car you do, and i was just checking out the same chip from Evolve. I was pretty impressed by the Evolve website and the chip seems like a pretty quality product. I probably cant afford it right away or i'd definately try it out. If you decide to buy it let us all know how well it works. You know 252 Horsepower is too tempting not to give it a try.

P.S. do u know of any other companies that make aftermarket products for our car?

Nate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.