Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 XC90 T6, love it, but after having it for less than 1 week, the Check Engine Light came on at about 700 miles. Took it to the dealer the first time and he ran a diagnostic and said he could find nothing wrong, and turned off the light. Later that day, the light came back on again and so we took it back to the same dealer. He said this time that the diagnosic software was pointing to a 'leak' in the fuel line but that this is a known bug in this model. He again turned it off and later that night the light came on again. That was a week ago and its been on ever since. Its not the fuel cap as I tighten it as far as it will go. The dealer said that he will have more infomation this week but I have not called him back yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

-Amit

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The diagniostic pump for the emissions system is the bug they are talking about.It will have to be replaced with a newer one.Give them a call back and see what they say.Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(Amitbhavsar @ Nov 18 2004, 10:12 AM)I have a 2005 XC90 T6, love it, but after having it for less than 1 week, the Check Engine Light came on at about 700 miles. Took it to the dealer the first time and he ran a diagnostic and said he could find nothing wrong, and turned off the light. Later that day, the light came back on again and so we took it back to the same dealer. He said this time that the diagnosic software was pointing to a 'leak' in the fuel line but that this is a known bug in this model. He again turned it off and later that night the light came on again. That was a week ago and its been on ever since. Its not the fuel cap as I tighten it as far as it will go. The dealer said that he will have more infomation this week but I have not called him back yet. Has anyone else experienced this?

-Amit
[snapback]1192[/snapback]​

I purchased a new 2005 XC90 T6 AWD a week ago for my wife and we love the car. However, the "check engine light" turned on at 133 miles (day #2 of ownership). The dealer ran a test and came back with "Leaking Evap Valve" and it was replaced. No problems so far.
Good luck

Frank

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Alot of problems with the check engine lights on the XC90 and they say something about a leak somewhere.When building the car they installed the fuel tank and the wrong software was installed in the car.When the system runs the tank test it takes many things and calculates them all together.Well the software is for the wrong size fuel tank and will turn the light on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2001 XC70 appears to be going through the same "check engine" and emissions message with my vehicle. My mechanic tought it was the gas cap not being on tight enough but a day later both message popped back up. Does anyone have further information.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
On your car it might be a bad Evap valve or a pin hole in the line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing happened to my 2005 XC90... we hooked it up to the machines and the Codes you get back are the gas line, evap, emissions, etc. My light went off, but I did notice the time it would come back on would be right after I put gas in the volvo, and leave and it immediately comes on...no matter how tight I put on the gas cap.

After reading the stuff in the forum, I might take it to the dealership to have the software or something re-done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts