Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST GOT MY OIL CHANGED SATURDAY AND HAD TWO NEW TIRES PUT ON THE FRONT. NOW MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS COMING ON. CAN YOU PUT TOO MUCH OIL?? I WAS WATCHING THE TECH AND HE PUT ABOUT 5 1/2 BOTTLES OF OIL IN IT. I'M JUST WORRIED, I HAD IT RUNNNING FINE AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS STILL RUNNING FINE. I JUST HATE TO SEE THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. HELP

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
5 1/2 to 6 quarts of oil is normal for your car.You should have the codes pulled it could be something simple.You wont know till you have the codes pulled.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Make sure you didnt acidently nock a vaccum line off somewhere.Make sure you connected all the ones by the air fliter housing.Also check on the end of the intake by the power steering pump there should be a vaccum elbow there.They fall apart and get holes in there.I would try to find a vaccum leak first then let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, i have fixed the check engine light problem, it was my hosing to the fuel and turbo regulators. now i have another problem it will not start just like it was doing when my fuel pump was going out. The engine is strong it just will not turn over. I already had the fuel pump replaced two months ago. It has been running fine since my last repair, which was the hosing. My tank is low on gas could that be it??? I have spent two thousand on this car in a two month span and i cannot afford anymore. I may just have to trade the ol' girl in.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
What part did you replace?Was it a plastic hose?Did you possibly knock something off doing the last repair?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was the hoses in the manifold. I don't think anything is loose. i don't think i can do it this time. i just had it towed to a shop this morning. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, it was the fuel pump they just put on in January, it just went out. It was still under the 90 day warranty thank goodness. I just hope this does not happen with the new one-again.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It shouldn't that is very rare that that happened.Im glad it is fixed.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
It's good to hear that it got fixed.

I understand the frustration, sometimes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts