Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm having some problems with the central locking. The fuse is okay, but there is no power going to the door switches. Please help. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There is a relay under the dash on the drivers side towards the left side.Most of the time the are marked on the relay.It should say central lock or something like that.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 14 2005, 08:47 PM)There is a relay under the dash on the drivers side towards the left side.Most of the time the are marked on the relay.It should say central lock or something like that.
[snapback]3340[/snapback]​

Hi, Tech. I also have a problem with the central-locking. But the problem is the tailgate locking. If I lock the tailgate, the central-locking in the car would go hay-wire. For instance, I have to manually push down the lock on the passenger car first from insidethe car, before I can centrally-lock with the driver's side lock on the outside. If not, only the driver's side would go locked. The same is true for the passenger side lock.
However, if I leave the tailgate unlocked, I can lock the car from anyone of the two driver or passenger doors. No problem one.

What is your diagnosis, dear sir?
Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The tailgate lock might be bad causing the system to short.You will need to remove the rear door panel and unplug the lock and see if the system works normal.If it does then the rear lock is bad.If it doesn't then it might be wiring.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to answer all the queries, Tech. I really appreciate your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts