Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise ? Central locking operates intermittently. Sometimes the doors lock successfully and other times the passenger door is left open. I can then retry and it might work but often I have to manually lock the passenger door. Help please as I reckon Volvo dealership will cost an arm and a leg to fix!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thamks RLW. I'll try this as well. Haven't been able to look at it myself for over two weeks now. Weather has been very poor here, lots of rain and I am now back at work after the holiday season. I'll let you know how I get on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eventually took it to the dealer who fixed it for 90 pounds. This was actually half the cost as the dealership is claiming Volvo for the other half. It is a known problem. The car is just about eight months out of warranty or I could have had it fixed for free. Worth talking to your dealers if you are still in warranty - my car is a 2001 model but seemingly there are newer models that have similar locks, that's about all I got. Anyway, my door is now working perfectly well. Thanks to all who responded.

Jamsie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.