Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 C70 HT Coupe with the SC-901 premium sound system. How can I tell if my center speaker is functioning properly. I turn up the volume on it and don't hear anything. Do I need to use a different CD or something? If it is determined that it's not functioning properly, how do I get the grill off of it to replace it. I love this car but I'm staring to get frustrated. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, If you put the balance to the front and turn up the centre speaker volume (The Fader knob pulled right out and turned to the right) you should be able to hear it! If it isn't working, check the connection on the back of the head unit.

Hope this helps.

Jase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I checked it and its not working. Will I need the code if I pull the head unit without disconnecting anythig? Also, how would I check the connection at the speaker itself? I appreciate your help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There should also be an adjustment in the radio for center mess with that as well.

Also I think it only works while in Dolby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've put in dolby mode and turned up the volume on the center and still get nothing. If I pull the head unit will it disconnect and require me to put in the radio code. I think I need to check the physical connection, but its such a hassel dealing with the Dealership to obtain my radio code.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you pull out the head unit, you will NOT need the code, because the wires remain intact in the back of the head unit. Even if you unplug wires back there, you still won't need the code unless you pull the one wire that supplies the electrical power to the unit.

Hope you fix your problem,

Anthony.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts