Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE,

THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING. I PURCHASED MY XC90 IN WARSAW, POLAND VIA THE DIP SALES PROGRAM AND PLAN TO TAKE TO U.S.A THIS SUMMER 05. I AM TESTING THE WATERS WITH THIS FIRST QUESTION.

IF ONE DID NOT PURCHASE THE DOLBY PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM, THEN THE CENTER SPEAKER DOES NOT WORK - CORRECT?
IS THERE ACTUALLY A SPEAKER UNDER THE GRILL IF THE DOLBY SYSTEM WAS NOT PURCHASED? AND IF NOT.... WHY WOULD VOLVO PUT THE GRILL THERE WITH NO SPEAKER IN IT?
ANYONE ELSE THOUGHT OF WHAT TO DO WITH THAT EXTRA SPACE?

THIS IS A VERY INFORMATIVE FORUM AND SPENT 2 HOURS READING ALL THE POSTS BEFORE SUBMITTING. THANKS.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If there is no speaker there the grill is there because that is also where the navigation system goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(kots @ Apr 1 2005, 08:53 AM)Its easy to access that speaker , why dont you just check?

Hi,

I want to put a speaker under the central grill, for my aftermarket NAV system. There should be room for it there, as I don't have the OEM NAV and neither do I have the Premium Sound.

I tried to pop off the speaker grill with a putty knife --- as described somewhere on the S60 forum --- put it did not come off and I did not want to use too much force, scared of damaging the dash...

Can somebody tell me where the fixing points are located on the grill, or describe precisely on how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance!

J.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I would be most pleased to have a POSITION for a centre speaker all ready for installation if one wishes

as seen from my dash mods at the garage it took a lot of hacking to get my 9 x 6 Jenson thumping away [powered by separate Kenwood 100 watt amp]

Oh yeah - theres one in the centre at the back too

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(The Doctor @ Jun 9 2005, 01:40 PM)I would be most pleased to have a POSITION for a centre speaker all ready for installation if one wishes

Who said I am not pleased?

I did cut out parts of the dash etc. when I installed my radio myself in previous cars I owned.

But this car is brand new and leased. I have to return it in good shape in a few years from now
So I want to avoid breaking off something and having to buy a new expensive plastic part before returning the car.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I did not say you should have been pleased but simply that I would have been pleased

sorry if there was interpretational problem there

I guess thats the only advantage of losing job and company car and having to buy an old heap [but greatly loved] volvo - you can hack it as much as you like

volvo is 30 and I am 60 so its now a question of which one will hang in the longest, but I suspect volvo will win

1 - 7 of 7 Posts