Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I need help with my SC-900 3pack cd player on a 1998 S70 T5SE that I just bought. It won't load the cd's or play them. I put the cartridge in with 3 cd's, it says "Loading" and then it just cycles and makes these sounds like it is loading the cd's, but then it stops and produces a code - CD-3 Error-02 and occaisionally Error-01.

Now the problem is worse as the tray is stuck in the out or open position and won't close and also won't allow me to remove the 3 cd cartridge.

Please advise as I don't have a service or owner's manual yet.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, here's one for the books...I decided to remove the radio myself without any manuals or instruction. Keeping in mind that if I disconnected the power source, I'd be spending a while getting the radio code and going through the hassle of reinputting it, so I went slowly.
Well talk about simple. There are these 2 pop out handles on each side of the radio that you grab hold of and gently pull the radio out like it was a kitchen drawer.
Once removed, I then unscrewed 2 small Phillips screws on the top rear that hold the lid of the radio in place and VIOLA !!
There inside the CD player was a business card jamming up the player!!
Now was that luck or what?
I have attached a couple of pics to show how it was done. The wooden tongue depressor is pointing to where the business card was.
Too bad all our repairs weren't that simple.
Take care.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, here's one for the books...I decided to remove the radio myself without any manuals or instruction. Keeping in mind that if I disconnected the power source, I'd be spending a while getting the radio code and going through the hassle of reinputting it, so I went slowly.
Well talk about simple. There are these 2 pop out handles on each side of the radio that you grab hold of and gently pull the radio out like it was a kitchen drawer.
Once removed, I then unscrewed 2 small Phillips screws on the top rear that hold the lid of the radio in place and VIOLA !!
There inside the CD player was a business card jamming up the player!!
Now was that luck or what?
I have attached a couple of pics to show how it was done. The wooden tongue depressor is pointing to where the business card was.
Too bad all our repairs weren't that simple.
Take care.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you VERY much, this was super helpful. I had the same error code, and did just what you said you had. Poped off the silver lid, come to find two disc were loaded at the same time. With a little struggle i was able to dislodge both discs and the changer works flawlessly now. Id buy you a beer but im not legal yet
, but much thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts