Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is absolutely no way too hook up an Ipod to the new s40 for the moment.....But is there a way to have MP3 playback from the CD player? Like a software upgrade or something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
mega, I can just put the CD full of mp3's in the player and it plays
It obviously does not read "data" files so you cannot put 6 hours of mp3's on one CD but it will read mp3s. If you burn you CD in standard form (ie with nero or windows media junkbox) the stereo should read them...mine does at least.

I am sure you are wanting the stereo to read a data CD of mp3's which I don't think Volvo is planning support although the #1 CD spot on the 6 disc changer is designed to read some data because if you have the Navigation package that is the CD slot that you have to put the updated map CD ROM in.

Hope you get it hacked and let us know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I use the iTrip FM transmitter, and play my iPod back through a chosen frequency on the FM radio. With high resolution, you get CD quality music. It's simple and cheap ($40)

Cheers,

Rousslang

·
Registered
2 Posts
How can volvo not offer the ipod adapter for the S40? what are they thinking??? Will they be changing this soon. I would like to buy an S40 but I think it is ridiculous that they don't have the ipod adapter or at least some sort of mp3 device input jack. It makes no sense to me. Who uses CD's anymore. Might as well have an 8-track or record player in the car.

Disappointed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts