Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently bought a 2001 volvo s40 1.8...much to my satisfaction, i might add !!! there is just one thing...i just have a radio/casette player in it. i do believe that there is a connection in the trunk to install a cd player/changer. is this possible does anyone know ? and if so...does the cd changer have to be a genuine volvo compatible model ??? can anyone out there help....i almost have the perfect car

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You can install one.I think either an Alpine or Sony will plug straight in.
I forget which one it is because they changed at a specific year.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If the car wasnt fitted with one as an option I didnt think they fitted the multichanger cable, thats what my Volvo dealer told me anyway.

~Dan~

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
On some of the models they did and others they didn't.
But the cable should come with the changer anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The connection in your trunk will be where your driver side tailights are connected. Also it is for the power only. Seeing how you do not have a cd player you probably do not have a connection for a changer back there. The sc-816 radio is built to control the volvo oem cd changer, if you do not have that one you probably do not have a pre ran connection. Also, it would probably be cheaper just to buy a new cd player for your car. Your changer would not play mp3's and besides me who buys music anymore?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts