Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2005 T6AWD XC90. Great SUV, but question regarding CD text feature. It displays radio text broadcast from the stations just fine, but I have tried 15-20 different CDs (some new, some very old) and not one has displayed the text as indicated in the manual. I have made sure that the "disc text" feature is checked under the menu settings. Does anyone have any suggestions or having a similar problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 2005 XC90 and have tried numerous CD's in the changer with the text feature turned on and have had no text display appear. What's the deal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys,

The CD must have the text feature written on it... If not you will not see it. Some CD have it and some do not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Folks: same problem but relatively easy fix - if you have a CD burner.
Most original CD's seem to come without text. However, many CD burning programs for the PC (I use NERO) allow you to write text (CD and Track Names). So, make a copy of the original CD, switching on the text option if necessary. In the process you download the track names from the Internet (or enter them manually). Then use the copy in the CD changer. Works perfectly - I have copied dozens of my CD's this way and all show text fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(hickeyfamily @ Sep 2 2005, 02:30 AM)Folks: same problem but relatively easy fix - if you have a CD burner.
Most original CD's seem to come without text. However, many CD burning programs for the PC (I use NERO) allow you to write text (CD and Track Names). So, make a copy of the original CD, switching on the text option if necessary. In the process you download the track names from the Internet (or enter them manually). Then use the copy in the CD changer. Works perfectly - I have copied dozens of my CD's this way and all show text fine.
[snapback]14555[/snapback]​

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a fantastic 2006 XC90, and use iTunes to burn music. I've noticed that anything I load from iTunes doesn't display the text that I've added (or was auto-added when bought on iTunes.) However, my girlfriend uses Musicmatch to burn songs, and her CDs show text perfectly in my XC90. I've looked all over iTunes to find some kind of setting to adjust...but can't find anything. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Although I have a 2007 S40, I've got the same problem, I don't get disc text, although the setting is turned on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(McMhley @ Jul 13 2006, 04:25 AM)I own a fantastic 2006 XC90, and use iTunes to burn music. I've noticed that anything I load from iTunes doesn't display the text that I've added (or was auto-added when bought on iTunes.) However, my girlfriend uses Musicmatch to burn songs, and her CDs show text perfectly in my XC90. I've looked all over iTunes to find some kind of setting to adjust...but can't find anything. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.
[snapback]35841[/snapback]​

Under settings, advanced and burning, you´ll find a box to tick if you want to include cd-text. I use the latest version of iTunes (presently 7.3.1).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts