Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S80 T6 carphone just recently stopped working. Whenever I turn it on,

1) nothing happens, the lower left dashboard screen goes blank (where it normally shows the numbers dialled)
2) when I type in a number and press send (the green button) the words "please wait" come on and it hangs.

The shop have said it will take $4000 to fix as its out of warranty. Anybody got any ideas for troubleshooting? CB's, interrelated systems etc?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I don't want to be the doom merchant-but I believe that the carphones in the S80 cannot be fixed. You have to front with the coins for a new unit.

I wish I could be more helpful/positive.

It might pay to look around and see if you can get a second-hand unit from a wrecked S80.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

i have a 2001 s60 T5 and has exactly the same problem... it does switch on and can dial no's and when try to make a call it says "Please wait" are these units the same???? Please help me as i had the car at the dealer and they want to install a new unit! $3000 Australian.....

any response appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
further to the carphone problem, my problem is that occasionally, when I press the green button to turn it on, the horn blows. Anybody notice that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts