Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this (maybe) weird impression that the V70 has larger cargo capabilities than the XC90. Before we buy a new car we have to be sure that our HUGE dog (around 40 kg) can fit in the back without having to lay down the back seat. Anyone with huge dogs find it difficult with an XC90? The back looks kind of high.... If we decide to buy an XC90 the two seats in the back can be dropped though. What i need to know is how much space the V70 and XC90 got, not in volume but HxWxD in inches or centimeters. The space i need is minimum 120 cm depth, 80 cm height and 70 cm width (for the cage). Hoping to get fast replies. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only thing I would recommend is taking the cage to your local dealer and test fitting it in both models..... if they are interest in a potential sale they would likely jump at the chance to acomodate your request. Who knows you may even find it does not fit in either, or both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would even go as far as bringing your dog, also see how it feels to carry the dog carrier in and out of the vehicle. You may find it harder and harder to lift the carrier and/or the dog at some point on the higher XC90. I had a fairly large dog (125 lbs) and it got tiring for me and the dog after a while....Food for thought?

We do have an XC90 and love the vehicle, but I recently drove the V70 wagon as service loaner and found that I hated giving it back. I'm sure my dog would've preferred jumping in and out of that instead.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts