Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could help me out ..MY 1991 volvo 940 se was running fine when all of the sudden the service light came on and then the car stalled and hasn't started since...It's not getting any fire...any one have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it..
Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Could be a couple of things.Check your engine speed sensor,Fuel pump relay.Check those out first and let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(jennifer282000 @ Jan 24 2005, 02:46 PM)I was wondering if someone could help me out ..MY 1991 volvo 940 se was running fine when all of the sudden the service light came on and then the car stalled and hasn't started since...It's not getting any fire...any one have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it..
Thanks
[snapback]2570[/snapback]​

check the cam belt, make sure it did not break

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well a couple of other people said the speed sensor but I can't find it . do you know where it is ? Is that the same thing as an Ignition control unit /amplifier ?
thanks for you help ...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The speed sensor is located in the top of the transmission where the engine meets the transmission.Look back there and you should see something with a wire coming up to the firewall area.If the outside sheilding is cracked at all replace it that will cause it to not start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts