·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a few new cars and here is the list:

Acura TL
Saab 9-5 Aero
Volvo T-5 or R

I still have an Audi A6 but the tranny is dying after 120K (mostly highway) miles...

Obviously I am expecting a po-Volvo bias here but what are the advantages/disadvantages of the Volvo as compared to the other two cars? I keep my car for long periods of time and would like your opinion re long term reliability, etc.

Thank you all!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(classic911 @ Jan 19 2005, 08:31 PM)Looking at a few new cars and here is the list:

Acura TL
Saab 9-5 Aero
Volvo T-5 or R

I still have an Audi A6 but the tranny is dying after 120K (mostly highway) miles...
[snapback]2426[/snapback]​

hi, im almost in the same situation. have audi a6 i want to move on, and am considering both volvos and saabs as replacement.

ive tried the 9-5 aero and wasnt that impressed, although that could be in part due to a poor demo?!

am going to try a 9-3 aero this weekend....and hopefully a s60 2.0t or 2.4t

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(DAN55 @ Jan 20 2005, 01:50 PM)hi, im almost in the same situation. have audi a6 i want to move on, and am considering both volvos and saabs as replacement.

ive tried the 9-5 aero and wasnt that impressed, although that could be in part due to a poor demo?!

am going to try a 9-3 aero this weekend....and hopefully a s60 2.0t or 2.4t
[snapback]2429[/snapback]​

What didn't like about the 9-5?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(classic911 @ Jan 20 2005, 06:12 PM)What didn't like about the 9-5?

Thanks!
[snapback]2447[/snapback]​

didnt feel very quick (but this probably due to not being demo'd in sport mode?) and just not much better than the a6 -althought we didnt do a long motorway test in it either

id be prepared to give it another longer try - great seats though

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE(classic911 @ Jan 19 2005, 10:31 PM)Looking at a few new cars and here is the list:

Acura TL
Saab 9-5 Aero
Volvo T-5 or R

Obviously I am expecting a po-Volvo bias here but what are the advantages/disadvantages of the Volvo as compared to the other two cars? I keep my car for long periods of time and would like your opinion re long term reliability, etc.

Thank you all!!!
[snapback]2426[/snapback]​

I just purchased a 2005 T5 and love it. I've only put 1000 miles on it and obviously can't speak to long-term reliability, but the car is exceptional in fit and finish. The 218hp with the T5 is really fun to drive and the suspension and handling is great - - - very sporty yet comfortable.

I looked at the Audi A4 and VW Passat, so I can't speak to the Aero or TL and how they compare. But, I can't imagine a better car for the money. The S40 is truly a car for those who like to drive and want creature comforts.

In short, it is truly the best car I've owned, including a BMW 528i I owned a few years back. I am thrilled with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts