Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Volvo 850, 2.5 and started to have the following problem; after driving the for a long run or half an hour or so, and while I am waiting by traffic signal, when try to accelerate, the car hesitate and misfires, once the car started this I have to ease the pedal till it gains some speed, then all O.K.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you done a tune up on it lately?If not do spark plugs,wires,dist. cap and rotor.You might also want to clean the throttle body while you are at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Tech,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, and re-tune up!; I did half of it, i.e I changed spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, checked HT cables for any crack, it was good, but to be frank with you the distributer and rotor did't check them.

For my future check on this fault, if all what you mentioned are OK, is there any connection with catalytic converter if that failed for some reason, or any electronic chip?.. many thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If your missfiring I doubt that it is the cat converter.I would look at the wires again and the cap and rotor.They can look good but still be missfiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Tech,
HI,
Back to my missfiring problem, I am sorry that I was not able to communicate with you recently, cause I am buisy and can't keep the car with the mechanic, but He changed the plugs, fuel filter, ait filter, cables... the problem still there, I will try to clean the throttle body as well as rotor, and will come back to you.

Just a stupid question!, what would be the price of the cables set for the plugs.?? any where in this globe, except in dubai as it is around $ 235!, we don't have tax, custom only 4% at our side.

Best regards.
Magsam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Tech,
Thanks for your swift reply, I will try your advice.

Re the link you embeded, unfortunately it is only for customer within USA as it says :

Q: What if I don't have a ZIP code?

A: At this time, our products are only available within the United States, its territories, and APO/FPO addresses. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. International shipping may be possible in the future - if you would like to suggest that we ship to your country, please send us an email.

Anyway many thanks Tech.
Magsam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts