Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi and thanks to everybody who helped me in the past! my car has been stalling while driving! then i try to start it 1.2.3.4. and on the 5th try it starts and everything is cool for a while sometimes weeks before it does it again maybe a month too. but now it is happening more often like 3 times this weekend what is the matter?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Check where the engine harness meets the car side and see if the wires are bare.The sheilding sometimes falls off.Also check the engine speed sensor at the back of the engine.If the sheilding is cracked and falling off replace it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tech i think i found the engineharness it has colored wires on each side and i saw a bigger wire with black sheilding that was peeling off at points but not exposing a bare wire it had another blue sheilding under it! what does the speed sensor look like ? thanks much!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The wire you speak of that has the blue sheilding under the black sheilding should be the speed sensor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem -(car dies while driving) I had water coming in the air vent onto the passenger side carpet and on its way down to the floor some of it got into a small plastic box containing a couple of contact switches-it gradually caused them to corrode and become faulty-the box is located just under the dashboard on the passengers side-I replaced it and the problem was cured-the car is a 1982 244gl.-Vaughan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts