Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just bought my first Volvo. And i love it.

I do have a question about the locking of the car. It is an xc60 late 2016 .... whenever i lock the car and then check the door handles it always opens !!! Is this because i still have the fob in my hand (it is a keyless entry / start ) ? And even after locking the car and walking a fair distance away the fob, when i press the 'i' button, still shows an amber light !! Any help would be much appreciated.

Am really sorry if this has been asked before - i did try to search for an answer but unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance

C

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
it sounds like you have a sticky lock mechanism, I found this behaviour when one door doesnt lock correctly the car will unlock again, it can usually be cured by checking the linkages in the door and lubricating them, this can sometimes be achieved by squirting down from above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sounds like you have a sticky lock mechanism, I found this behaviour when one door doesnt lock correctly the car will unlock again, it can usually be cured by checking the linkages in the door and lubricating them, this can sometimes be achieved by squirting down from above.
Thank you. Will take a look at all the locks !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were absolutely correct !!!! It was the front passenger door lock that was sticking and it was causing the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts