Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You have to remove the black top engine cover.There is either 7 or 8 torxes 30 screws.Then remove the cover.You might have to remove the 2 torxes 25 screws holding the turbo pipe to the engine to slide the cover out.Once you do that then remove the 10mm screws holding the coils into the valve cover.I always number the top of the coils so they don't get mixed up.Then you can remove the plugs and replace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing the plugs went very well, thanks for your help.
I did encounter some very toasted covers to the plug wires...this seems to be a week point in the system....are there replacement wire covers or a better harness for replacement ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member with a 2002 S60 T5 around the corner, a week or less, and I was wondering about the plugs in general. Is there a brand or specific plug that is the best? One that may increase output? Just curious. In my old school chevy v8 it is easy but I've never worked on a Volvo engine before.
Thanks
Panelrodder

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a S80-T6 with 90K. I am removing the plastic plug/coil cover to clean up oil from a bad oil filler gasket. As long as I am in there, I am changing the plugs. The volvo dealership told me I should use volvo plugs (of course). The Volvo plugs I just bought are platimun tip. What is in there looks pretty good: they are Bosch Super (I don't know if they are platimum - regular fat electrode.). I already bought a set of the volvo plugs (at $50 for 6). Do you think I should stick with Bosch or replace with the platinum volvo plugs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.