Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried contacting the Volvo dealerships etc and apparently this is the best kept secret. I'm confused why this is such an issue. If it's accessible we should be able to replace it. Parts are readily available.

Can someone clue me in on where it is and how to remove it? or PLEASE point me in the right direction before I tear my nice little cross country apart

THANKS SO SO MUCH

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hope that an owner with your model can assist.

I have a V40 & on this model I need to remove the passenger side lower dashboard panel from the facia (it unscrews) & the filter is held in place by an easily removed retaining clip. Obviously make sure the new filter is inserted the same way around as the original!

Being in UK mine's a right-hand drive of course, but fingers crossed that this gives you a clue as to where it's hidden on your model!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is located under the dash on the passenger side.Look under there you will see a black cover with 4 screw on the bottom of the A/C box.Remove the 4 screws and then you can remove the filter.

TIP: there is 2 different filters for the car. One thin one or a heavyduty filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE RESPOSES

Now that I have had the pleasure of doing this I will pass on some details.

The cabin air filter is located in the passenger compartment under glove compartment as Tech mentioned. To remove it you will need a short torque screwdriver.

1. Remove the plastic panel beneath the glove box. It kind of hangs up on the right due to some sort of hinge arrangement so just pop it loose where it attaches to the left console and gently pull it back enough to expose where the filter is. Maybe TECH or others can enlighten how to pull it fully off.

2. The filter is in a white plastic box held together by 4 t-25 torque screws. Just remove those and pull off the cover and there is your cabin filter. You will see why you need a short torque screwdriver or socket as the back screws are tough to get at.

3. make sure you remember how you pull it out so you get it back in right!

Any questions just give me a post.

Hope this helps others.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
and

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi

How often do they have to be changed or is there some kind of odor that tips you off.

It was mentioned that there are two filters a thin one and a heavey duty one. Do they get replaced at the same time and are they in the same compartment.

Thanks

Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts