Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got a 98 C70 and wanna change the front headlights and signals to the crystal clear one in 2004 model ....
does any one know if they fit.. and if any sugeestions where can i get them from ....
thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
They should fit no problem.The only place i know of is the dealer so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've owned a 2000 C70 for 1.5 years and have a recurring, intermittent problem with the convertible top sensor. About 25-33% of the time after starting the engine, the convertible top warning light goes on. When you start driving, it "dings" incessantly. The only way to stop the ding warning is to stop the car, engage the parking brake, and press the convertible top button. The top opens partially, then returns to closed position. It's quite inconvenient especially in the rain.

I've had two mechanics look at this, one was dumbfounded, and the other said the electronic sensor needed to be adjusted by a Volvo dealer that has the proper computer equipment. Two dealers have not been able to fix the problem.

If anyone else knows about this problem and a solution, please share.

Karen

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem it turned out to be a switch located in the seat. The switch indicates that the upright part of the seat is not back. The damage occured when someone got out of my car and pushed really hard on the seat. I thought I heard something give and it seemed not to be a problem but on further examination I found that there is a post with a spring. The post was sheared off, I managed to wrap a long spring around the bottom rear seat rail and attach to the intact remaining spring, after a couple of adjustments this fixed the problem. I do not know why this pput the convertible top warning on just know it did.

Rgds
Henri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts