Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a C70 2.4T, which has the low-pressure turbo. Can I obtain greater power from the engine without chipping the ECU like on a conventional turbo cars with a normal blower like the 2.3 T5 version.

Any suggestions at this stage would be helpful.

Thanks Guys and Girls

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You can gain a pound or 2 of boost safely buy adjusting the waste gate valve.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Sometimes, it is also amazing what a can or bottle of Fuel Injection Cleaner can do, to restore 'lost' power.

But don't overdose your car, though!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I like Tech's idea...IF u want more, it depends how much u want to spend. Personally, I would go with larger downpipe and exhaust, followed by larger intake pipes. Exhausts can get expensive though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I will be looking at changing the exhaust and getting the car chipped but as I have just purchased the car only a few weeks ago I thought I would see whether there are any cheeper power gains to be had until I get over the shock of open wallet surgery.

Cheers.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Open the waste gate a little more by adjusting the rod a little.Most of the time one turn is good.Then install a K&N filter and you should see a gain just from that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do u do this waste gate mod? I don't know too much about turbos yet to know how to find it. Can anyone show pics and be more detailed? And maybe some more on the manual boost controller from ebay. I like the idea of tweaking things, and not necissarily bolting things on, and even some relatively cheap bolt ons compared to $500 for exhaust that increases only 10 hp. That is why cars that come stock with turbos are awesome.

Thanks,

Abthony.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts