Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into the purchase of a 94 850 turbo wagon and was curious as to the overall reliability of these cars. It has 140k on it. What besides timing belt and transmission issues should I be looking for. What should I be looking for when it comes to the trans and timing belt? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Make sure the timing belt was just done at 140,000.Check the fluid color for the trans. make sure it looks pink.As long as the fluid is pink and it shifts good then you should be fine.The engine mounts might be sagging so take a look at them and feel for a lot of vibration at idle.Other than that check the normal things like brakes tires and hoses.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your welcome if you have anymore quiestions just ask away.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Someone online, once told me that there are rules and regulations on selling and buying used cars in the West. In my country, it's on "As Is, Where Is" basis, which I believe is pretty dang favorable to the cheater-sellers.

Couldn't imagine how I would have felt if I had bought one that needed a new gearbox, bla, bla, bla... Thus far, only the ABS Modulator needed change and that alone, has torn my wallet a bit.

If you have the chance and the opportunity, send the car for an independent third party checking (like www.aam.org.my in my country) - or better, to an authorised VOLVO outlet. Isn't it a wonder, how one suddenly becomes so 'sensitive' to what's actually available in the environment AFTER completing the purchase???

Tech, like I said, there's the word 'SUCKER' written on my forehead that is invisible to me, but lucidly obvious to others. Ahaks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Tech, like I said, there's the word 'SUCKER' written on my forehead that is invisible to me, but lucidly obvious to others. Ahaks.

[snapback]5049[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I seem to have it as well!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts