Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2001 S40 with 22,000 miles on it. I've read reviews and looked at the Consumer Reports rating, and have seen a lot of concerns about the brakes wearing out extremely fast. I would love to hear some real S40 drivers experiences in this department.

I also read quite a few complaints about the paint fading quickly. Any comments?

I really like this car and am almost ready to make an offer but want to do as much research as possible.

Thanks!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes the brakes wear out fast but the car stops great.The red paint is the one that really fades fast.So stay away from the red.All around the car is a very good car.

Its just my opinion hope it helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In reply to your question about the brakes and paint quality on a volvo s40 2001. I have a one and it has done a 100k now and the brakes are great still as sharp as a brand new as i drove a 02 12k example while it was in for servicing a couple of months ago and they drove the same, and the paint is excellent condition.

So as long as it has a full volvo service like mine and you look after the paint (I use Zymol wash its the best) it will last your for many years.

Thats my apinion and I was in the motor trade for a while and worked for ford and vw.

Regards

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts