Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leaned back a little too hard in my driver side front seat this morning and broke the headrest on my 1986 240 DL. Now it is very loose and the appertatus that holds it in place seems to be all out of whack. Is there anything I can do to fix this? The whole top of my seat feels loose and unsecure now, I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You will have to remove the seat covers and inspect the frame.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
with 20 yo car I am sure you have OEM seat covers over the orig [sheepskin or Playboy or whatever] so it wont matter to do a bit of surgery on the volvo covers underneath

cut a panel at rear top and you will see the mountings for the headrest - whether you can fix the problem is another issue as it may be a weld that has come loose

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your easiest and best bet is go to a sallvage yard and find a replica seat back and buy it for approx $50. End of problem.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
QUOTE(tedcogs @ Jul 7 2005, 03:48 AM)ok, I didn't think the covers came off, but I will investigate- any tips?
[snapback]10979[/snapback]​

see above for tips but seems you dont have after market seat covers so orig ones super tatty after 20 yrs SO make the incision, fix the problem and go to local Made in China accessory shop and get some horny looking seat covers for $30

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think even on the 240's they are held on by hogrings and will need to be cut off to get the cover off.
Then you will need to install new ones when you put it back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts