Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service guy who checked out the 2002 S60 I am probably going to buy said it needed front brake pads and the rotors turned. Neighbor, who has owned Saab's and Volvo's (has one of each now) said that I should never turn the rotors on a Volvo, because they are thinner and might warp and that I should use Volvo brake pads because other pads, metallic, will cause brake squeal. Anyone ever had any problems with this? If so I will probably just order some Volvo pads off the net and have them installed.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes the Volvo rotors should not be turned.They don't like to be turned at all.If they are warped bad buy new ones.
I would also reccomend buying the OEM pads they are softer and don't squeal either.
Makes for real comfortable braking.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they are warped, just that the service guy thought that they should be turned. It seems to be braking fine, with no fade or grabbing. So I'll just get new pads.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. Took it out on a winding road today for the first time. Man it handled great. Unfortunately for my wallet that is, the longer I keep it the more I am liable to pay for it. Oh wait, that's what my wife is for to rein me in before I go completely bonkers. Even with tires that are almost worn out it hugged the curves with no noticeable body roll. To be honest it reminded me of my dad's 98 BMW 540i, only with not as much horsepower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts