Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an estimate to replace 2 front rotors and all 4 brake pads on my 89 760 GLE.
It was for $450.00 CDN (like $360 US.)
Is that a fair price? I know this isn't so difficult to do myself but I have neither the time nor desire to do so.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Look up the cost of parts online, Mark it up at least 10%, then subtract from quote, and you'll wind up with labor cost. If they itemized your quote, then you can tell if it's fair.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, OEM. My mechanic, Mr. Kon Fat Chu of Vancouver, B.C. worked for Volvo for 20 years. He has a Volvo Master Technician certificate. He will only let me put OEM stuff on my car.(I actually bought it from him!) It is a little more but he charges me less for labor.(The brake job was only $50 for labor, the rest parts and tax). At first I thought he was trying to rip me off but he explained to me that it is worth it to pay more for the quality. Apparently Volvos dont do well with aftermarket parts. I did a little research and found that most people with an opinion shared this one. Same with my timing chains....the whole job was over a thousand but they will last for longer than the engine I am sure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts