Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the development of bi-fuel volvo cars in your country?

-------------------------------------------

In mine, bi-fuel cars are slowly getting attention. THey are mostly fixed on taxis (cabs) but some passenger cars are beginning to understand the impact on the pocket, by using LPG as well.

I've heard of one Volvo owner in the local club wanting to fix the device to his 240SE engine early this year, but he went quiet afterwards.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
My wife has been looking at getting a GMC Yukon. Of all the SUVs that she looked at the GMC was the only one that offered a bi-fuel engine--ethanol/gas. It looked like it only came in the 5.3 liter engine though. But I dont know of any place in the Philadelphia area where ehtanol is available.

I saw a stat in Motor Trend that there was an 81% increase in hybrid-vehicle registration in the U.S. from 2003 to 2004.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good if there are enough stats to go around, but in my country, the figures are not so big. To be fair, the stations offering the LPG alternatives are very limited, as well.

This, during this ridiculous period of petrol price hikes... * sigh *

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everybody!
I am from Lithuania. LPG here is getting more and more popular. Especially now- with such petrol prices... so installed equipment for LPG in my T5, italian made (company BRC), so now enjoing low price ride.. but... There is one "but"- having consumption about 14-15 liters of LPG... still with this twice cheaper fuel would like to ask everybody- what is consumption on your car?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On present petrol;

Highway = 8.5L / 100 km
Pure City = 15.7L / 100 km
Mixed = 11.7L / 100 km

All the above are based on real records.

I know one can easily go below 8L on highway, but I cant resist the turbo on long straight roads,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts