Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, need help guys. my glt has a bad vibration while drving, the whole car shakes is not out of balance and the steering wheel does not shake. the tires are brand new, the torque mount is brand new. any ideas? the guys at tire kingdom
are trying to tell me that one of my wheels is bend of course they don't want to replace almost $500 worth of tires and i don't know how you can bend a wheel without hiting any potholes but that's the story they are telling me

thanks for your help

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Tell them you want to see the tires spinning on the balance machine.If they let you look at the outside of the tire and watch for it to bobble up and down.Did they try rotating the tires from front to back.If so did it make a diffrence?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You may want to check to make sure the wheel weights haven't fallen off. Not sure if that would cause a severe vibration, but what the heck. Start with the simple stuff first.

One other thought, replace the suspect wheel with your spare and drive it around. do you still get the vibration? If the vibration is gone, then have them dismount and remount your tire and rebalance it. Like "Tech" says, see if they will let you watch them spin it. If they refuse, then take it to a different shop and have them rebalance it. see what they say before dumping the money for a new rim.

Good Luck.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
He hasn't come back and posted what was wrong.The outer C/V joint was bad on his car.The had it replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts