Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and Happy New Year!

I'm looking to purchase a SH Volvo XC60, Year 2016-2017.

Since I have no experience at all with Volvo cars ( currently I own an Audi A6 Avant, 2012) I could use any advice on what to pay attention before buying it.

What I'm interested in the car:
- I'm considering this brand due to the safety features and built quality
- To offer comfort on poor streets quality ( no sport suspension packages)
- Which engines are the most reliable, Diesel or Petrol? I'm driving mostly on very short distances inside a city
- Which Gearbox to choose? I prefer an automatic, but I don't know if are reliable. For example, at my multitronic Audi A6, I've had some bad experiences with it. I think would be safer to choose a manual one.
- Is it worth to buy a AWD? or a front wheel drive will be enough, considering that where I live we don't have that much winter conditions in a year.

I had looked at other options, like Audi Q5 or BMW X3.

Thanks a lot for your inputs!
Adrian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Salut,

I am not sure what the best Diesel engine is. I see most people like the D4 and D5's. Here in California i own a T6 3.0 petrol and my wife has a T6 2.0 petrol. I have had 2 cars with the T6 3.0 engine and they have been incredible engines. They do not offer good consumption compared to the diesel models at all. I would go to your local volvo dealer and ask one of their mechanics or even one of the service advisors that schedules all repairs which engine they see the least. Usually that's the best.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am resident in Australia and currently own a 2016 (year model MY 17)XC60.
During my research into which model to buy I was advised both by the salesman I was dealing with and the Service Manager that due to the fact I did not intend to to travel a high annual mileage involving long distances the best vehicle to purchase was a petrol engine which would result in a slightly higher MPG however compensated in lower maintenance costs. Your usage sounds similar to what I intended doing and my recommendation would be an automatic T5 AWD.
Mine has now travelled 45000 klms and apart from the regular services - each 15000 klms the only cost has been a set of tyres and fuel. On highway travel I get around 8-9 litres were 100 klms and town driving around 10-11 litres per 100 klms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.