Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh sorry putty...im not sure of any good volvo repairers as i usually just get my car serviced at the local ultratune...its fine with me...sorry
so u interested in purchasing an 2000 volvo s40 well if ur interested and u change your mind from an 850? just reply...thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from Adelaide.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had an issue with your ETM in Australia. Have you had it replaced? Have you had it cleaned?

Have you experienced a stall situation? Have you had a rough idle problem particularly with 1999, 2000 and 2001 models?

·
Registered
66 Posts
gday fellas... im from sydney... putty.... i would HIGHLY recommend Savvas automotive... hes on bourke road in alexandria... he's fantastic and knows volvos inside out... he wont BS u either, hes been looking after my volvos and my families and friends since about 1992 and has never lead me astray.

try him out.... 9310 4140.... only draw back is... hes so good that he doesnt open saturdays anymore

my 242 GT is with him atm actually .....

Edit : oh *** this reply is really late lol...

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE(volvodriver_au @ Nov 12 2005, 12:33 AM)gday fellas... im from sydney... putty.... i would HIGHLY recommend Savvas automotive... hes on bourke road in alexandria... he's fantastic and knows volvos inside out... he wont BS u either, hes been looking after my volvos and my families and friends since about 1992 and has never lead me astray.

try him out.... 9310 4140.... only draw back is... hes so good that he doesnt open saturdays anymore

my 242 GT is with him atm actually .....

Edit : oh *** this reply is really late lol...
[snapback]18240[/snapback]​

Hey mate, I'm from Sydney as well. Looking to purchase a used C70 T5 Auto. I can see you have one as well. Are they any good? Problems? I've never had a volvo before but the car i'm looking at has 75000kms, 98 model, for $27k. Is this a good deal? The C70 is a beautiful car and I'm looking forward to owning one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
gday urxtream... I love my C70 BUT as with all things there are a couple of things that **** me off .... If I was buying another one now I would check the following things :

1) Electric Seats function totally
2) Power Steering fluid, make sure its not totally black, if it is get the power steering system checked
3) Make sure you can live with the atrocious turning circle
4) Check the ABS (and TRACS) system completely
5) Check the brake discs are ok and not warped
6) Make sure the CD player plays CD-Rs and CD-RWs!!

That's really all that ive had to worry about, ive had mine for 4 years now and Im very happy with it, very reliable and never broken down on me, mine is a manual so if theres any quirky things with the auto transmission i wont know about em.

If I think of anything more I'll edit or post again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks very much for your advice. I'm not a mechanical type of person. Do you think an NRMA inspection will do the job? or should a more thorough inspection be carried out? Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
no probs

i would get an NRMA inspection done for the general stuff, but get your mechanic (or a trusted one if u can find one lol) to check the more specific things like the power steering and the ABS/TRACS system

if your near alexandria, take it to savvas automotive, hes fantastic!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts