Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum and I am considering the V50 w/ Sport and Climate Package. Seems like the dealers in my area are not too familiar w/ all the car features. ie. does this year's model have the "Keyless drive" feature? If there are owners w/in BC, please offer feedback re: your dealer-client experience, and your overall opinion regarding the V50.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(bcdriven @ Nov 13 2004, 10:17 PM)Im new to this forum and I am considering the V50 w/ Sport and Climate Package. Seems like the dealers in my area are not too familiar w/ all the car features. ie. does this year's model have the "Keyless drive" feature? If there are owners w/in BC, please offer feedback re: your dealer-client experience, and your overall opinion regarding the V50.
[snapback]1141[/snapback]​

Hi. I'm close: Alberta. I just got my v50 t5 manual. it has a cool non-key that starts the car. it's basically just a remote, with a weird key hidden inside in case your battery goes down. Dealer relations pretty good, although I was a bit frustrated having to wait 2 weeks because only 4 t5 manuals were left in Canada.

But I got mine, flint grey with wood-ish inlays and it's great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in Toronto and have purchased a V50 T5 AWD 6spd. Delivery Due Date is April 22, 2005. Can't wait. Fully Loaded except for NAV. Should be a great car for the family and the dog.

Don't know how good the awd is. I drove the S4 and i love the way quattro hook up during my 6k clutch drop
Volvo is supposed to have a similiar system (my dealer told me they saw a demostration where it pulled the car uphill with only one wheel having traction) but I don't know yet.

I'll throw some feedback once I get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was your keyless drive an option? I just ordered a V50 T5 manual AWD in the states, and didn't see anything about that. I read somewhere (this site perhaps?) that 2006 models would have the keyless drive. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for at least another 4 weeks for mine. Can't understand why they don't ship more manual trans. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put on 827km already on the car, I must say that the powerband begins very early ... 2,500rpm you can definately feel it, haven't had a chance to push it yet, but around turns it is very stable. I'll keep you guys posted on how it is after break in

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a V50 2005
would suggest that if you can, buy the car with the climate package, and extra filtering system. The regular filter is lame at preventing entry of exterior fumes from trucks etc
I like my car but find that the back seat space is a little small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts