Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for info as to how to remove the angle drive in order to troubleshoot my car.It goes forward badly and wont back up at all. It cant even be pushed! I disconnected the driveshaft and that freed up the rear wheels,but the front is like it has a one way clutch. the front diff allows the front wheels to rotate in opposite directions,or forward,but not backwards.I dont have a service manual,but I run a VW Audi shop and have plenty of tools and equipment. A page or two from a service manual would do it.

Dick Shine

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I will see what i can dig up for you.Just give me a day or two.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(SRSVW @ Nov 8 2004, 12:26 PM)I am looking for info as to how to remove the angle drive in order to troubleshoot my car.It goes forward badly and wont back up at all. It cant even be pushed! I disconnected the driveshaft and that freed up the rear wheels,but the front is like it has a one way clutch. the front diff allows the front wheels to rotate in opposite directions,or forward,but not backwards.I dont have a service manual,but I run a VW Audi shop and have plenty of tools and equipment. A page or two from a service manual would do it.
Dick Shine
[snapback]1064[/snapback]​

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
No problem any time thats what I figured it was.These transmissions werent very good.If you need any more help feel free to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts