Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im new to this forums...and was wondering if anyone here has a S60R, if so can you please let me konw what you like about it and what you don't? and also if you konw when the next bodystyle is coming out, i am very intrested in buying one but don't konw alot about them!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
What I can tell you is that they are very fast and handle like a dream with the AWD.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
No I haven't yet.I know what they will do My wife works for Subaru.I have seen many at the local track.Most of the here run in the 12's all night long!!!

The S60R is very close to the STI.

My car is VERY slow at the moment.I had to throw a Non-HO motor in there for now.Im working on building a good motor.

Money is very tight so it is taking a very long time!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, good to konw they are near an STI...im gana drive one this weekend and see how i like it. Good luck on the motor. BTW, i love your bodystyle...my buddy had a pretty clean onel; awsome car they are.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Thanks In working on it slowly.
Let me know how the test drive goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just leased one in november it is a beast it will crush alot of the cars in and above its price the only thing is brake squealing hope i helped you just go get it my lease is 489.00 dont pay much over it

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I recently bought on 05 S60 R, 6 speed. Before this I had a 5 speed 99 Eclipse GSX with moderate mods. The R fells just as fast, especially in the higher rev range. The cornering and handling is amazing in advanced mode for a 4 door sedan- I got the 18" wheels. I needed the room that the Vovlo had, and you cant beat the price for the features and perfomance that you get. Had to have AWD, other 4 doors were too small or more expensive.

Gripes- Radio becomes almost impossible to read in sunlight. No trunk release button in the car. Not a fan of the headlight washers. I realize its a sedan, but NO BOOST GAUGE! Why put cup holders so high behind the shifter...for automatics maybe thats OK. Not that anyone will drink in there anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts