Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a C70 and saw no tire wear for six months until I looked carefully underneath and noticed the rear wheels wearing out on the inside. I bought two new tires (expensive) and went to get the car aligned at the Volvo dealership. They said they couldn't align the car within Volvo specs. What can I do? I'd hate to keep buying these expensive tires. The front end seems OK.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ask them what is the 'Volvo Spec' for rear camber first, if they can't adjust it enough to at least stop the inner tread wear then you have some serious body alignment issues. Camber should be able to be brought back in-line by adjustment of the upper or lower arms in your case the upper arm needs adjustment. If that has run out of adjust then shorten the lower arm and then try again. I think you'll find Volvo doesn't even have a rear camber spec, as most makers don't for some weird reason...I think they just can't be bothered doing it!

Oz

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I will bet that one of the links in the rear is bent.
I bet they can only get one side within specs and not the other side.
The links bend sometimes and espically if the inside most edge is worn it is a bad link in the suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts