Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On hot days the a/c cools ok. On very hot days the a/c barely does anything. Also I hear a clicking sound about every 5 seconds or so. Think it needs a recharge since I have never serviced the a/c having owned the car for 10 yrs. Car runs great however. Would like to know how I can charge it myself? Bought a can of the r134a with guage attached. Not sure of location to hook up and how to unscrew cap. please advise.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes you can add one can your self.The port is located in the pipe on the passenger side of the car behind the headlight assy.Look for a black cap that says a torque spec on it.It just unscews then you can install the hose from the can.

It does sound like you are low on freon.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(kstop7 @ Jun 12 2005, 08:56 PM)On hot days the a/c cools ok. On very hot days the a/c barely does anything. Also I hear a clicking sound about every 5 seconds or so. Think it needs a recharge since I have never serviced the a/c having owned the car for 10 yrs. Car runs great however. Would like to know how I can charge it myself? Bought a can of the r134a with guage attached. Not sure of location to hook up and how to unscrew cap. please advise.
[snapback]9500[/snapback]​

10 years? Wow. I never knew it could last THAT long. In my country, where it could get really hot sometimes, a good one average 1&1/2 years only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts