Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased a standard A/C recharge kit from Auto Zone for my 1995 volvo 960 and it does not fit? A mechanic from Ford identified the "low side" fitting and said he thinks that it needs a special adapter because his standard hoses do not fit. Is there a different recharge kit for Volvos or do I need a special adapter? The car came with R134 when it was new.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I just replaced my A/C Compressor and it took a long while to find the part. For 960's produced in 1994 and beyond, they require a special Sanden R134 type compressor (just as u mentioned). Kits are also unique.

The kits and hoses that I purchased were special order from online. I found these through ebay, and most notably, through a vendor called 'kendeb'. They own a shop in Texas and have experience in Volvo A/C systems. I would recommend contacting these people as they proved to be highly responsive to my inquiries.

If anything, you can reference '[email protected]', as I just spoke with them last week. Their e-mail should be [email protected]

Good luck.

Also, if you know where I can find speakers for the 960, or get specs on the audio system of our model, that would be helpful.

Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The adapter should be located by the accumilator.It doesn't use a special one.
Is there anyway you can take a picture and post of what you see?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flyinsqwrl,

Thanks for the info.

I do have the original owners manual for the radio. What specs do you need? Maybe I can photocopy and fax to you?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your welcome some cars had 2 valves one was a special valve from the factory for a quick fill at the factory.Also someone may have replaced parts before and left out teh pipe with the other valve in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
R134a is a special nipple compared to the old freons of the past but i think you may have located the wrong side. this should be right next to the accumulator which is (on a right hand drive model) right up against the firewall and should have a threaded dust cap on it, hope this helps. P.S do not over fill!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts