Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this has happened to any of you guys but, I thought that the transmission in my volvo was pretty much shot so i transfered it over to my other car. but then as soon i realized that all my car needed was a shift linkage adjustment. so it tried to switch it back and it seems that i am stuck with my other car for 6 months. is there a way that i switch back to my volvo in like a month? thanks

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they wont let me switch back over to my volvo for some reason they said i switch too much from car to car. the first time my mom had to stop the inusrance because my car was being fixed and it took volvo to fix it for 3 weeks. i didnt switch it back to my other car. I really dont think thats switching but they call it switch but i actually only stopped it temporarily. this second time is because of that transmission incidient but i got it fixed so they are saying i cant switch back to it for 6 months. its weird and im realy upset with it. what insurance company do you have?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sounds to me like someone just does not want to do their job. I would call another agent in your area and ask why you are having that problem. The big deal with insurance is... The longer you are with any given company, the more benifets you get while your premium goes down (assuming you have less than 1 wreck in 3 yrs.) Maybe you just need a new agent.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The other thing I forgot to mention is that I always call the 1800 number to make my changes.I never use the agent in my area.I make my changes with them then they e-mail me a new card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the other poster that you should try again with your insurance company. After you call I'd try a letter writing campaign.

If you can get in with USAA you really should. I can't imagine them ever sweating me over something like that. We use USAA for everything we can, they are non-profit and really wonderful to work with. The only way you can get in is by either being military or if either of your parents were ever military. Luckily, my dad is retired Navy.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah weve been with that insurance company for along long time and they said if i keep on switching the insurance is gonna cancel everything so idk what i should do and i asked my mom if i could switch and she said that weve been with them for a long time so we cant. (i have no idea) i will have to talk to the insuaance but im afraid that theya re gonna get pisssed and cancel the whole deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.