Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. My name's Nate and i just bought a new S40 T5 AWD. I really like everything about my car, but i'm already thinking about stuff to set it apart from others in performance and looks. Does anyone know any good websites that already have aftermarket products for the new S40? I found the website www.evolvecars.com and it has some really good products: A full bodykit, +34Hp performance chip, etc. Anyways, i'm just seeing if anyone's found any good products.

Nate[attachmentid=510]

Attachments

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Look in the general section I made a post of links to sites.
Check out some of the links.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I like that topic. I was looking for the same thing! I'll check those website.
It would be great if anyone would have images of customized S40 2005 model to extend this conversation!
Any link or images about the S40 specifically would be well appreciated.

Greg.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heico, MS, and IPD have the jump on aftermarket for the the new S40. You can always go original and go to a home improvement store and change the grill mesh pattern. There are ads for the "kit" on Ebay, but it is really just silver or black mesh that you can get cheap at "Home Depot"or the equivilant and do yourself in a couple of hours.

By the way (for what it is worth). So far the "performance chips" that are being offered so far really do not enhance performance much more than a sport air filter as far as horse power goes. Plus you void all warranty by installing the aftermarket chip but you keep the warranty with the sport filter.

My 2 pennies
Cheers

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey Niko!

How this sport filter improve horse power and by how much. It sounds like a less expensive solution am I right?

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I really dont understand the emphasis on most of the sport air filters, that Ive seen at least. Why put on a better flowing filter/set-up if your going to pull in hot engine air? U might be pulling in more air, but cold dense air is what gives u power. I think your better off buying a high flow filter for the stock location, unless u can find a sport air filter that is sealed from the engine bay.

Im waiting to see what Evolve's set-up will be. When I talked to the Evolve guy, he said that it will need the hood vent. The more I think about it, the less I want to cut a hole in the hood. Im hopeing they come put with a version using the stock intake location.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Greg,
The sport filter (as of right now) actually gives you more horsepower improvement than the "chips" that a re being offered onling right now. You can check the specs at Heico and IPD. Just get a good sport filter and boost the horsepower without voiding your warranty

S60 R is right. Cold / dense air is better. But most of the "sport filters" on the market for the S40 will at least give you better air flow. If you look at where the air intake is on the S40, you will notice that this will not really help you at lower speeds, but at higher speeds you should notice a difference.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any idea what is up with this MS-Design company? I really like the front spoiler they have for the S40, but it doesn't list price. I also would like to know shipping rates, seeing as how it appears they're in Europe. Anyone have more information on this company and how to order? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I just recently purchased a Volvo S40 2.4I and I was wondering what upgrades you would reccomend. I really don't want to void the cars warranty so I think I'm going to tart off witha simple K&N air filter and may take off the intake silencer to improve the air flow. I have done thi with just about every car i have owned and it is a freemod that gets you 10-15 horse power with maybe 2 minutes off work.

Jaime

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
It all depends how much u want to spend. ECU upgrades will usually give u the most horsepower for the money.

As for the warranty, unless the upgrade is what caused the problem, the repair should be done under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious for those that have installed a cold air intake, could you post a response indicating whether the car is any louder now? I used to have an intake on an old integra and it basically made the same sound as those cars with modified exhausts....which me being in my mid 30's now, I really don't want anymore. I would love the extra horsepower but I want everything to sound stock...is this even possible with intakes now? If so, what brands/kinds? I'm interested in the KN, AEM or *****...thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
with the K&N cold air intake I installed I don't really hear an annoying noise... it is pretty silent... I also have the sport exhaust and it is pretty quiet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i just bought an 07 S40 2.4i and i was lookin at front grilles and i cant believe theyre $400 is there ne alternitive with a better price without comprimising quality?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts