Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a set of 17's on my 02 s40 and the rims wont go flush because of that what i think is a screw to hold the rim on while scewing the lugs, anyway is ok to remove them? my aftermarket wheels dont have any holes to compensate the screw. I doest look like it holds anything.

Thanks

Tom

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Those screws are there to hold the rotor tight against the hub.You can remove them.If you get a vibration after installing the rims loosen and then retighten the rims.That will make sure the rotor is seated properly.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Glad to hear.Sometimes when the pins are removed when you install the rims the rotor doesn't sit flat from a peice of rust or something like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i jget a little wheel vibration between 60 and 70 mph . some young kid balanced the wheels i wonder if i should get them balanced again. also should i get a wheel alingment. seems to be pulling alittle

Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try getting them balanced.If it has been a while since you had an alignment go ahead and get one to be safe.You don't want to wear out your new tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was just alinged at the dealer about 2 weeks ago. Since i put the new wheels on it pulls a little to the right. could be the psi of the tires...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It could be also did the new rims come with the plastic inserts in the rim to center it on the hub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts