Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
have 1995 850 t5r, and experience wind noise (low pitched drone) at 80km/hr and above. Seems to be worse when there is a side wind. Sounds like coming from around door seals or sunroof seals.

Anyone had similar problem, and if so what is a fix?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most likely coming from sunroof.You can try adjusting the sunroof and see what happens,

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I have the same wind-developed noise, but only at speeds above 100kmh.

I retired with the assumption that probably the rubber seals on the doors have worn (I always have to close the driver's door with a bang, to have it properly shut)...

Well, the has travelled almost 242,000 kms already.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(ampangbear @ Mar 8 2005, 07:57 PM)I have the same wind-developed noise, but only at speeds above 100kmh.

I retired with the assumption that probably the rubber seals on the doors have worn (I always have to close the driver's door with a bang, to have it properly shut)...

Well, the has travelled almost 242,000 kms already.

[snapback]4746[/snapback]​

You might be able to adjust to door striker a little bit to make it close tighter.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Tech dude sir,

Which part of the door striker(?) are you referring to...?
Ehem, WHAT is a door striker?

Kwang, Kwang, Kwaaaaaaaaaaaannnggggg...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The door striker is the metal u shaped latch that is mounted to the body of the car. That the door latches onto when it is shut.Or that holds it shut.You should see to Torxes screws loosen then up slightly and tap it in a hair.Then tighten the screws and see if it is any better.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Ooooo. Great! Now I see it.

So, basically if I understand it right, you want me to 'tighten' the door, right? OK, I'll see what I can muster this weekend.

Thanks, Tech.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Right. I'll definitely do it to the driver's door and the rear-left passenger door.

I'll post my findings just to confirm to you guys.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Tech,

Just to inform you that I wasn't able to unscrew the door striker yet. The torx screws were too tight. In the sense that I had to use the electric-power drill. In any case, the screw heads gave way and I need to get a new set.
Agh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts