Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know tight waded Volvo fitted a tape radio to the S40, which these days is like revisiting the days of flat caps and B/W TV's.

The amount of useful info on fitting a CD unit (non-Volvo or Volvo) equals pretty much zero on any forum I have found. So, if you want a simple and straightforward installation, like me, pop down to your local Halfords beforen 10th February 2005 and buy a Sony CDXS2200 for just £89 (massive reduction on RRP and best price available even after much online shopping around). They can sell you a wire harness adaptor so the Sony talks to the Volvo wiring and no additional blanking plate was needed for my S40.

Looks fine, sounds fine, gives traffic info and easy to fit and use.

Now, if only someone had told me all this a week ago it would have saved me lots of searching ;-)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry I didn't see you post a quiestion about it.The aftermarket Alpine C/D changer will plug into the Volvo radio and use the existing buttons on the radio with no extra adapters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Changer doesn't plug into my original tape/radio player as, though it has Cd and Amp marked on case, there are metal plates over each which do not seem to be removable. Also, I didn't want the trouble of running wires. An Alpine unit is also much more expensive.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You must have an early radio.Every one I have ever seen has come with the c/d button on the front of the radio and the plug to plug into on the back of the radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts