Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just purchase a used 1994 volvo 850 turbo wagon.

It runs fine.

THere are a few things that don't work on it:

The AC doesn't work (the previous owners had it tested for leakage using a dye (?) but found no leaks. Any ideas?

Also, the driver's seat heater doesn't work. In the cold Vermont winters, this sure would be nice to have working. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Is it one for a DIY?

Thanks!

· Volvo Guru !
5,911 Posts
Check either under the car on the body around the cat converter or remove the glove box insert then the resistor and look inside on the evaperator.

First thing with the seat heater make sure with your local dealer that the recall was performed on the car.
You can also look from underneath the seat and follow the wires to where it goes into the foam and make sure a wire didn't break off.
You won't be able to see where the wires attach.Make sure they are still in there tight.Pull GENTLY and make sure none are loose.

· Registered
240 Posts
What recal??????

I have a 94 estate too, pasanger heated seat is ok but drivers does not give heat even though the led on the switch lights up.

I am in the UK, does this "recall" still apply to me?? And if so what do i approach the dealers asking for?

Thanks in advance.

· Volvo Guru !
5,911 Posts
You can stop by your local dealer with your Vin# and ask them to look up and see if there is any recalls on your car.They should do this free of charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.