Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XC90
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 C70. I need to know what the AC refrigerant oil capacities are for this vehicle. My previous experience with another brand of car is with a chart showing exactly how much of the refrigerant oil was needed for each component in the system (compressor, receiver/drier, condenser, pipes, coil, etc.). Does anyone have any info they can share?

My specific situation: I'm dealing with replacing the compressor which had a sudden, massive shaft seal blowout, so all the refrigerant gas was released, along with a sudden burst of refrigerant oil which expelled out of the compressor shaft seal area. The compressor was not locked up, so there is no debris in the lines. We want to go ahead and replace the compressor, receiver/drier, vacuum the system, and recharge. The problem is I don't know how much refrigerant oil was lost. The new Denso compressor comes with what I believe is the correct amount of refrigerant oil for the entire system, so I need to drain a little bit of oil from the compressor. If I knew how how much refrigerant oil each component in the system is supposed to have, I can add those amounts up (not including the amount for the compressor) and drain that amount from the new compressor, which should give me the correct amount (I would not deduct the amount for the drier since I'm replacing that). Anyone have the chart or have this info? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts